Welcome! Open your shop in 5 simple steps.
1. Register your enterprise and create your profile.
What do I need?
- An OFN account
- Your enterprise address and contact details
- A square logo image (300px wide)
- A landscape banner image (1200px by 260px)
- Some text highlighting what your food hub is all about.
Time to register: 5-10 minutes
- Set up your profile with your name, description, images and social media links
- Choose your OFN package: Profile only or a Shopfront to sell your own and/or other people’s produce.
- You will now appear on the Open Food Network NZ map.
2. List your products
Add products to your shopfront – your own and/or from other producers around you.
Set images, descriptions, prices, stock levels and flexible weights and measures.If you’re a hub selling other people’s products, make sure you have the correct relationship with your producers.
3. Set up your payment methods.
Set up at least one payment method so your customers can pay.
You can include card payments by connecting your shop to Stripe or set up payment by invoice, cash on delivery or collection, and/or bank transfer.
4. Set up your shipping methods.
Whether you offer a collection only service from one or multiple collection points (‘click & collect’) and/or home delivery, let your customers know where and when they will get their items by setting up a shipping method.
5. Create an order cycle to open your shop.
An order cycle sets the opening and closing times for your shop and which products you are selling for that period.
Having an active order cycle will open your shop to customers.
If you have questions on how much the OFN platform costs to use, how to join a group or offer other producers’ goods, or maybe you just want an overview of product setup screens – we also have a quick start guide to help you get going.
Frequently asked questions